Mountain Goat Instructional Design, LLC is owned and operated by Molly Ward, M.S. Science Education.
I see my role as a translator–I am confident in my ability to understand high level science content and translate it to make it accessible and fun for any audience (e.g. kids, adults, general public).
I have a strong and varied background in science and education with a B.S. in Geology and M.S. in Science Education both from Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana. My varied work experience over the past 20+ years includes:
- representing the National Science Teachers Association in Montana and Wyoming (February 2018-present)
- teaching EDU 397: K-8 Science Methods course for undergraduate juniors and seniors at Montana State University (Fall 2016)
- over four years as a consultant working with various companies and organizations to create customized teaching and learning materials through Mountain Goat Instructional Design, LLC (2014-present)
- four years with the Project WET (Water Education for Teachers) Foundation as a Project Manager designing the DiscoverWater.org website, creating online training materials, writing activity books for KIDs and customizing educational materials for international (African) audiences (2010-2014)
- six years as a Museum Educator, specializing in paleontology and educational technology at the Museum of the Rockies (2003-2009)
- creating and implementing curriculum about forest fire and online experiences about systems science as an Education Specialist/Ranger in Yellowstone National Park (2003)
- designing and leading courses for K-12 kids to explore the outdoors through Montana Outdoor Science School (seasonally 1996-2001)
To see examples of the work I’ve done, please visit my portfolio. Click here to visit my Linked In profile. Download my Professional Bio.